We offer one on one communication about your project so you can get the most out of your space. Once your plan has been decided, we give personal attention to each order.
1. CUT & DIMENSION We don’t cut your boards until your order is placed, guaranteeing it is fresh and straight as it can be.
We cut sturdy construction pine and process all 4 sides through a wood planer. A wood planer is a series of spinning blades that shave off the surface of a board and renders it smooth.
2. SAND We spot sand and inspect each board for integrity. We test each board to make sure no splinters are left.
3. BUILD Our 4 corner post L shaped design increases stability. These posts have routered edges for a furniture like feel.
We create your ladder to fit the selected underneath clearance and build each ladder to custom fit.
4. DRILL We pre drill the pilot holes for screws & bolts. In order to customize your order, you will need to drill out the other side of the holes which accommodate the (14) 3/8” industrial bolts.
5. PAINT Unless ordered as plain wood, we rub on a “wash”, which is basically adding a color so the wood grain shows through. This is a hand-applied water based non-toxic latex paint. Because we avoid chemicals, we do not offer a lacquer or a clear coat finish.
6. PACKAGE Your loft kit will arrive as single boards (approx 40-50 depending on your order) with exception to the leg posts which are pre built. Due to the weight of the loft, they are divided into 4 boxes weighing approximately 40-70 lbs each a max length of 93”.
7. RECYCLE We donate all of our wood scraps and wood shavings to local farms and craftspeople. We also recycle all of our unused cardboard and try to make as little waste as we can.
The loft project arrives in 4 boxes, each weighing 40-70 pounds each and are shipped via UPS ground. The boards are labeled and instructions are found here on the “instructions” tab of this website. The hardware is included in a bag within the shipment. When you receive the packages, it’s best to store them flat as wood can warp if set too long prior to construction.
If there are any damages to the boxes and contents in shipping, we will immediately replace them. Please let us know asap. It’s best to not try to build with the damaged boards, as some aren’t easy to just remove and replace. We also will replace any board which cracks or warps or just isn’t to your liking.